Saturday, September 26, 2026

 SEPTEMBER 26, 2026

Palmyra, New York

Hello again,

Back in December 2025, I celebrated my eleven years of life bonus as a result of having the Angio Sarcoma surgery in December 2014.  Remember, I had asked the Boston doctors what I would gain if I went ahead with the life-saving surgery, and they had predicted a normal life expectancy.  In my mind, I calculated that my Mom had lived to be 90 years and 6 months.  Daddy on the other hand had lived 71 years and 9 months.  Since I was 78 at the time, I let myself defer to Mom's life length versus Daddy's, and chose to have the surgery.  It has paid off without a doubt.  Here I am, just 68 days from my 90th birthday with Russ and our great grandson, Aiden.


Life had been eventful since my last posting.  It has included a second event regarding my heart and caused me to spend seven days at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York where I had a Pacemaker installed.  Its job is to keep my heart chambers pumping steadily at the same rate.  On July 16th my pulse dropped dangerously low and continued to be a concern until the pacemaker was installed.  Since that time, I have been taking it easy until I began Cardiac Rehab on September 14th.   I will continue them twice a week for a total of 36 sessions.  


In the meantime, I have written a Snapbook book entitled HOSPITAL ABC's for preschool age children using photographs I took while in the hospital and have already published it.  It won a 3rd place gold ribbon at the Wayne County Fair.




I am also working on completing the third edition of Grandma Rita Remembers and have even began thinking about Volume four.  



No comments:

Post a Comment