Sunday, September 2, 2012

SEPTEMBER 1 - HURRICANE, UT - QUILT SHOW

SATURDAY
SEPTEMBER 1, 2012
 
 
Thanks to one of our tour group members,
 telling Rita about a Peach Festival
in Hurricane, Utah which included a Quilt Show,
 we found something really special to
do on our "day off".
 
The event reminded us of our hometown's
Canaltown Days.  There were hundreds
of vendors, two stages with music,
and lots of food concessions.
The Quilt Guild in Hurricane has
400 members and they had a great show.
 
Lynette Bingham and Janey Argyle gave me
permission to post their quilts on my website,
but the others were not present to
give their consent.
  Please respect that
by not copying or resending these photos.
 
One quilt in particular has a special purpose,
so I will give you details below.
 

 
This quilt was made by Janey Argyle,
as One of 100 quilts
their Guild is collecting
 to give to Veterans who
will be admitted to the new Veterans facility
opening in Ivins, Nevada soon.
 
Janey Argyle  (phone 435-652-0701)
-says they need Twin size 70" x 90",
machine quilted quilts to make
them as washable and lasting as possible.
 
There is a need for Quilts for both
Men and Women Veterans.
 
My own quilt club did a similar project
 for the Canandaigua, NY, VA Hospital,
years ago. 
I remember well the joy
our quilts brought the recipients,
since a few were present to receive them.
 
For more information, you could go to the
website of their President,
who owns the local Quilt Cottage shop.
 

www.MainStreetQuiltCottage.com 

 
I stopped in Lynette Bingham's shop,
 and purchased three, half yard pieces
to go with the 4"x4" photo fabric blocks
 I bought at ZION NATIONAL PARK,
on Friday,
to make Lap Quilts for our RV recliners,
 as a reminder
of our 30th Wedding Anniversary Tour.
 
 


 
Two other quilts by Lynette Bingham impressed me, and
she gave approval for me to show them on my blog.
 


 
 
I love the sentiments on the above quilt:

 

Live Simply

Love Generously

Serve Faithfully

Speak Truthfully

Pray Daily

and Leave Everything Else to God

 
After typing the above, I just had to share the
following pictures with you,
of St. George Catholic Church
where we attended 5 PM Mass,
in St. George, Utah.
 






 
What a Blessed day we had
visiting Hurricane and St. George, Utah.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment