Thursday, June 28, 2012

DAY 10 - Part 2 - CUSTER STATE PARK

          I spent over an hour composing a nice story of our Day 10 touring the Wildlife Loop (Rt 16A) in Custer State Park, in South Dakota, only to lose it.  So here is Part 2, to complete the story.
The first photo is one Russ took out his window of a Bull Buffalo.  The second was one I took out my window of a Herd grazing.  The third is their dropping which is called a Buffalo Pie or Chip by the Forest Rangers at the Visitor's Center.

          I understand the Pioneers used the dried Buffalo Pie as fuel to their sod homes, and also when dried they make a great Frizbee.  I understand some charities have Buffalo Pie Toss games at their outdoor Fairs. 




          That is it for now.  Have to get ready to be ON THE ROAD AGAIN.  Today (June 28) we are heading for Mount Rushmore.   More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment