Saturday, June 23, 2012

DAY 6 - SOUTH DAKOTA

We are safely settled into South Dakota on the Farm of our friends.  What a reunion.  We have not seem one another in approximately forty years.  We have a lifetime of catching up to do.  They were young, newly weds when they arrived in Rochester in 1969, where Doug was starting classes at the U of R.   My parents were their neighbors and adopted them during their years in Rochester.  His parents and her parents returned the favor by being my hosts when I stopped here, on my way to Golden, Colorado, in 1971.  Back then, gas was 29 cents a gallon.  Today, we paid $3.52 a gallon.

We crossed the wide Missouri River today.  Half of the bridge was single lane traffic because they are still doing repairs from the effects of the flood a year ago.  It is too late to be posting more.  So, I will sign off and give you a break.  We are in Winner, South Dakota from now through the morning of  June 26th.  We will be attending Immaculate Conception parish in the morning.  Interesting that they are paired with St. Anne's in another location.

1 comment:

  1. Please say hello for me. I have such fond memories of when we visited - gosh was it 40 years ago???

    ReplyDelete