Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DAY 48 - NEWPORT, OR - OUILTS BY THE SEA

SATURDAY
AUGUST 4, 2012

We are in Quilter's Heaven.  Newport, Oregon has a Guild with an Annual Show,
the first Friday and Saturday of August.
They advertised all along US Hwy 101, leading into Newport, and the
Newport RV Park and Marina where we stayed,
 had their Post Cards on the Welcome Desk.

So, on Saturday, we went to their QUILTS BY THE SEA show
 at the Recreation Center
which featured their own quilter, Toni Brodie.

 
We met Toni and enjoyed her hand pieced and hand quilted master pieces.





Grandmother's Fan
has been a favorite of mine
for using Scraps, for years.




We both liked this quilt.
  The Blue car was a Model A Ford,
which was the Model my Dad drove
 throughout my childhood, until 1952. 
Russ and I have traveled many roads
 to the tops of Mountains in the last week,
 and also could appreciate the whimsy
 in placing a Mountain at the top of the quilt.



I enjoyed seeing this lady working on next year's raffle quilt.
I have a similar quilt in my UFO stack. 
In the year 2000, I attended an Eleanor Burns Workshop
 at Patchwork and Pies, in McLean, NY,
 and started the 3 dimensional version. 
I have every good intension of someday
completing at least a Wall hanging of
the blocks I have finished.



I also have dreams of making a Crazy Quilt
with the choice fabrics I have collected
over the years.  This quilt was this
year's Raffle Quilt.
Since I have not received a call,
I can only assume someone else won it.


I love red, white and blue, and this one
was striking to see. 




We will end with the BEST OF SHOW.
A Prairie Sod House with
Grandma and her Sunflowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment